How to Get What You Want
Welcome to Your New Year:
Lets talk about making this, the year you reach your goals. I know we have all set goals at the beginning of the year, and by the next week they are but a memory. If you are tired of that, then come along with me for a few minutes, we’ll see how to win this time.
Did you know that only 1% of the population write down their goals? It seems that writing down your goals is a hard task and really makes you commit to them. Personally, I suffered from “saying my goals, but never writing them down-itis”. Then I began to write them down, and read them out loud twice a day, and things started to happen.
It’s appears that when you write down your goals, it acts like a magnet. It then begins to attract to it what it wants, to achieve that specific goal. Sounds amazing ? Well it is, and you can do it too.
Here is a recent example. My husband, Michael and I got together in July 2012 to write our 6 month goals. We wrote them down on poster paper ,and assigned dates, and who was responsible for the goal. We put them up in our office, positioned so we had to look at them when we were sitting in our office chairs.
On Dec. 29 we had an official “PureLifestyle Summit Meeting” to set our goals for 2013. However before we began, we went over the last 6 months goals. And I am happy to say, we High-Fived each other several times. We also said, “oh, we need to extend the goal date on that one” too.
Want to learn how to reach you goals? Here are the 5 parts of reaching each and everyone of your goals.
1. What do you want? Just be clear and simple. You will find a way, if it is important to you. If it isn’t important to you, then you will find an excuse.
2. When do you want it by? Saying that you want something achieved without a date, is like saying, someday I will brush my teeth. If you don’t have a time set for it then it doesn’t happen.
3. Why do you want it. You need a burning desire. If it makes you smile when you think about or gives you energy or in my case makes you cry, then that is a pretty good indication of someting being your burning desire.
4. How do you intend to get it? Ahh yes, there is work to this process. Without work there are no results. You need positive action to achieve your goals.
Here is a template that I put together that I use, which might help you:
I want_________ by ___________ because _______ and I will do ___________ to achieve (or reach) it.
Remember steps 1-4 must be written down. I use the Notes app on my i-phone, or others write it on paper, or a 3×5 index card.
5. Repeat it out loud 2x a day. Why?
Because what you say you believe. Your subconscious mind is like a farmers field. It is very obedient and it will grow whatever is planted. So plant wisely.
That’s enough from me. Now I want to hear from you. Have you had years where you didn’t reach goals? Are you ready to make a change?
Your friend, Isabel
“© 2012, Dr.Isabel@Pure Lifestyle” All Rights Reserved